MENU BOARDS are the most important graphic element within a Limited Service Restaurant (LSR) because they are critical to overall sales. LSR’s, which include Quick-Serve Restaurants (QSR) and Fast Casual Dining concepts, use menu boards for these vital roles once a guest has entered the store or the drive-thru:
- Mainly, they spell out the menu offerings, including the basic ingredients
- Through menu optimization, they can help drive up the average order size
- They convey a brand’s desired experience
- They can add extra advertising for special LTOs (limited time offers) and deals
- And, as of May 7th, for restaurant chains with 20 or more locations, they contain the FDA mandated calorie count information so consumers can make informed and healthy decisions
Restaurant Brand Marketers and Store Operators should carefully consider every aspect of their menu board design to align with the total brand experience: from the materials used to the fonts and graphics.