Taking Care of the Environment and Our Customers
What does it mean to be green? For some companies, it’s all about energy efficiency. For others, it's about the reduction of waste and the use of recycled and recyclable materials. And for others, it’s about avoiding chemicals and materials that are harmful to the environment.
At KDM P.O.P. Solutions Group, it’s about all of those things – finding ways to be more green and to partner with our customers on their green journey.
By integrating environmental considerations into our corporate culture, we will achieve our goal to provide a healthier, more earth-friendly environment for our employees, our customers and our community.
We think about the environmental impact of our decisions, from the energy required to run a new piece of equipment to innovating a way to recycle silver from our processors.
Our Green Initiatives Make Good Business Sense
- Providing employee education and training
- Raising customer and community awareness
- Exploring alternate technologies and efficiencies
- Working with responsible suppliers
Companies have never been more aware of their environmental footprint. At KDM, we offer many ways for them to apply green principles to their retail marketing practices. Consider the possibilities and read more in Green Scene in our Resource Center.
Providing Green Options for Your P.O.P.
- Post-consumer recycled paper and corrugated
- UV inks and hybrid UV inks
- Recycled and recyclable plastics
- Biodegradable polystyrenes
- Retail displays made from recycled materials
Our Green Team Spearheads Initiatives
A green initiative without execution is just wishful thinking. Our Green Team is made up of individuals who have expertise in a variety of areas and responsibilities in each of our facilities. These people are leaders in title and leaders among their peers on the production lines of our business, and their voice and example are valued in our organization, making them the ideal caretakers of this initiative.
Our Internal Green Efforts Achieved and On-going
- Applied for the Sustainable Green Printing (SGP) Partnership program
- Utilize Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) or Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) certified vendors for paper supply
- Use UV inks for screen, offset and digital print for nearly 100% of projects
- Offer eco-friendly print substrates, both pre-consumer and biodegradable
- Recycle paper, corrugated and polystyrene
- Recycle silver from processors, old film and aluminum plates
- Re-use screen printing chemistry
- Recycle light bulbs, batteries and computer hardware
- Installed an energy-efficient lighting system with motion sensors
- Utilize pallets made of recycled materials and re-use pallets