Family, Growth and Stability, The KDM Story
In today’s volatile marketplace, marketers and purchasers are looking for reliable vendors and competent suppliers. Founded in 1970 by the Kissel family, KDM P.O.P. Solutions Group provides that steady presence. Our customers have come to expect a specific level of quality and service at a competitive price. But we’re not a static organization; KDM is a continuous improvement organization, listening to customers, training our team members, and making substantial investments in state-of-the-art equipment and business acquisitions. It's all aimed at improving productivity and offering greater strategic value for our partners.
The company began as a family-owned screen printing business. The owners were directly involved with their customers. Passion, loyalty, service and pride were all a part of delivering high-quality projects on even the tightest deadlines. Today, the company maintains that entrepreneurial family-owned spirit, now into the second generation of Kissels. The company has grown and expanded to include 300 team members, but passion for what they do, loyalty to the customer, an emphasis on service and pride in the work continues to be a part of the company culture.
Expanding Capabilities to Meet Customers’ Needs
Coupled with that work ethic, KDM’s success is the result of innovation, expansion, investment and acquisition, all aimed at offering our customers more of what they want and need. In its first three decades, KDM grew to a regional point-of-purchase printing powerhouse. Today, the company boasts 30 printing presses, including the latest technologies in screen, offset, digital and other printing techniques.
KDM didn’t stop with diversity in print capabilities. The company invested in other services that customers in the retail space need, appreciate and utilize everyday. That expansion has included adding custom retail design and custom plastic fabrication.
The company is also answering customer needs for branded materials, from logo stools and counter mats to exterior windflags and inflatables, to help increase sales at the store level. And in 2009 and 2010, our internal team of custom software programmers developed INTELLITRAK, a vital business tool empowering our customers to order and track their point-of-purchase campaigns online and receive reliable business intelligence about their results.
Recent Growth Moments to Offer More Capabilities to Customers
- 2007 – World of Plastics, founded in 1980 in Hendersonville, Tenn. was acquired to offer manufacturing of custom plastic displays and fixtures for our customers. Now our KDM Plastic Solutions division, in addition to plastic fabrication, also brings plastic distribution into our competencies, with nearly 100 varieties of plastics in sheet, rod, tube and film.
- 2008 – Advanced Digital & Screen Printing in Columbus, Ohio, was acquired to nearly double an already impressive Digital Print division, adding dye sublimation, continuous tone photographic imaging and additional large format imaging technologies. This added flexibility, offered new capabilities and vastly improved our capacity to serve customers’ that require much faster turn times.
- 2009 – Bruce Plastics in Gallatin, Tenn., was purchased to bolster the plastics division of the business with additional equipment and increased capabilities.
- 2009 – NDI Retail in Cincinnati, Ohio, to became a part of the company to answer our customers’ interests in pairing point-of-purchase printing with compelling and creative retail environments. Now KDM Retail, the division specializes in the design, manufacture and installation of retail spaces, including permanent signage, displays and fixtures.
- 2011 - American Digital Communications, Norcross, GA, was acquired to again bolster the capabilities of our Digital Printing Division. Adding several large and small format digital printing presses and an impressive web fed digital offset press that creates make ready and plates on press in less than 30 minutes. ADC allows us to increase capacity and our presence in the Southeast. Our Columbus, OH location was shut down and many of the presses and finishing equipment have been re-located to Atlanta.
- 2012 - Digital Flexo Services, Norcross, GA, was acquired to add digital flexo printing capabilities to include all kinds of roll labels and IRC's (instant redeemable coupons) to better serve the beverage industry. KDM now has 7 printing methods to offer its retail and consumer brand customers.