KDM P.O.P. Solutions Group, Cincinnati, Ohio, is pleased to announce that we have been awarded Medical Mutual’s 2018 Pillar Award for Community Service in the Greater Cincinnati area for the fifth time! This prestigious award was developed to honor local businesses for their dedication to positively impacting and making a difference in their communities.
Giving back to the community is a strong priority to the leaders at KDM and the culture of the workplace, which is demonstrated by devoting resources and creating opportunities towards this initiative on behalf of their Employees.
Specifically, KDM has impacted these organizations in 2017 either through volunteer efforts, hosting fundraisers or financial contributions exceeding $41,000:
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- The Cure Starts Now
- Toys-R-Us Children’s Fund
- Adopt a Class Foundation
- Project Santa
- Evendale Phi Lamdba Pi, Teen Group
- Freestore Foodbank
- Sister of Notre Dame
- Ronald McDonald House
- Stars For Heroes Campaign
- Salvation Army
- ALS Foundation
- Hoxworth Blood Center
- Special Olympics of Hamilton County
- Matthew 25 Ministries – Hurricane Harvey
- Gorman Heritage Farm
Some of the unique fundraising events have included Blood Drives to support Hoxworth Blood Center, Salvation Army’s – Adopt a Family program to provide for families in need during the holidays, The Cure Starts Now fundraiser that included a “March Madness” themed eventto raise funds, and a “Football Kick-Off” themed event to raise funds for Matthew 25 Ministries – Hurricane Harvey Relief efforts.
Of note regarding our volunteerism this year is the involvement again with the Adopt-A-Class Foundation, which is a mentoring program that connects businesses with students to inspire a culture of teamwork, hope, and a future vision of what is possible for the Youth in our community. A team of 8 KDM employees made monthly visits throughout the school year to a class of 40 children in the 4th, 5th, and 6th grades at Parker Woods Montessori school.
Additionally, KDM has created and contributed to these opportunities for its Employees:
- KDM Dream Makers program provides funds to Employees working towards their own personal goals
- Bill and Mary Lou Kissel Scholarship fund contributed $12,000 to qualifying KDM families toward college costs
- Substance Abuse Rehab Assistance Fund has made $15,000 available to assist employees and their family members with lifesaving treatment for addiction