KDM Earns 2017 Manny Award for Best Place to Work
Each year, Cincy Magazine’s MANNY Awards recognize the manufacturing industry’s greatest accomplishments by honoring local companies for their innovation and best practices. Winners of this prestigious Award exemplify outstanding accomplishments in these four categories: New Product Innovation, Best Apprenticeship Program, Top Growth and Best Place to Work. KDM POP Solutions Group has been selected as a 2017 Winner of a Manny Award in the category of “Best Place to Work”.
Some of the considerations for the award recipients in this category include the company’s engagement with its employees, employee recognition programs, the employee benefits’ structure, employee-relations policy and its impact upon the local community, and other awards and honors the company has received.
“We are really proud to have earned this award for the second time, said Bob Kissel, President/CEO. (KDM also won “Best Place to Work” in 2015) He adds, “To truly succeed at employee engagement, it is important for us to first understand the employee’s needs and wants and then build a culture that includes specific programs to address those needs. Our stellar programs are based on goals like employee’s health and well-being, fulfilling employee’s dreams, fundraising efforts and involvement with the community. We have implemented multiple opportunities for the company to give back to our employees and show our appreciation through benefits, scholarship funds, and award programs.”
A sampling of KDM’s employee engagement programs include:
- The Dream Makers Program helps employees achieve their personal dreams and goals and allow them to work with a Life Coach during company time.
- The Wellness Program encompasses a variety of presentation topics during the workday, health and wellness competitions and yearlong healthy lifestyle incentives for employees.
- Employee Recognition Banquet to honor exemplary employees.
- Employee Appreciation Week including t-shirts, cook-outs, ice cream and prizes.
- The Service Committee provides opportunities for employees to volunteer and get involved in charitable causes with a minimum of one event per quarter.
- Bill and Marylou Kissel College Scholarship Program. Now in its 9th year, candidates that qualify receive funds to help pay for college.
The official Manny Awards Ceremony will take place the evening of June 8th, and will recognize 16 Cincinnati manufacturers. Bob Kissel, President/CEO, will be receiving the award on behalf of KDM.